* Yes, I know, I'm trying to convince myself. But this blog is already an anxiety outlet, so there.
- I already am a PC hardware geek.
- My Google Reader's subscriptions are 90% PC tech sites, 10 Percent Science sites. No programming feeds, no sir.
- I actually enjoy volunteering to fix/troubleshoot/configure a new pc for people. Heck, that was my sideline/hobby back in the Philippines!
- Even in my college years as a Computer Science / Information Technology major specializing in software development, it was the hardware/software configuration that kept me on my toes.
- I realized I don't like programming. Let me rephrase that: I realized I don't like programming for a living. Maybe the occasional script here and there, but as a full time job? No no no. I should have realized that in my stint in Accenture as a mainframe programmer. I should have realized that as I was being tested over the internet with a programming test. But no, no, no. I was dazzled by the money, I was numb, I just wanted to get out of the house (euphimism for my country? maybe), and wanted to go abroad at all costs.
- As proof of my previous point, I am actually a competent programmer, when needed. I just don't like learning it. Maybe when they develop the technology to directly implant syntax into the brain, will I be most effective. Maybe I am just a lazy-ass, secret schizoid individual. Maybe.
Hopefully, this career-change initiative of mine will stick. Job happiness is a huge contributor to general happiness, and sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment